Saturday, August 4, 2012

Almost 5 months post op

Time is really buzzing by these days.  Over the last two weeks I've seen the OS and the OD.  The surgeon is really happy with how everything looks.  I was worried about a pain I've been having on my left mandible.  Around where the hardware is, when I rub it too hard, like when washing my face or applying sunscreen, I get this sharp pinch in my skin like something is cutting me.  I was concerned a pin may be coming loose.  But they took an xray and said it looks fine.  He said the area of pain is where the ligament connects to bone and it's probably just sore still.  I'm also worried about my abilities; the heat is hard on me.  When I get overheated more than one day in a row, I get lots of swelling and pain.  I'm also still not able to bend over for long without a lot of pressure and aching in my face.  I told the OS, "I still can't scrub my floors."   His response was, "well, you shouldn't be doing that yet, tell your husband to do it."   HAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah, sure doc.  He's a good guy and all, but not exactly a scrubbing the floors kinda guy.  He said, "you tell him I said it's doctors orders."  I love my surgeon :)   He told me not to worry and just take it easy.  And that total recovery for this surgery is 6 to 12 months.  I know he said this prior to surgery, I just didn't believe him I guess.

The OD has fit me in a couple extra times to make adjustments to my wires.  I've had problems lately with a couple teeth on the front left hitting first and throwing off my bite.  It then flairs up my ongoing right joint pain and is truely a bother.  He's getting it sorted out though and things are feeling a bit better.  Eating is getting easier, but I have to back off because I've put on a few pounds lately (sigh).  But I'm working on that now.  Last night I had my first salad.  I've missed my salads, it's the one thing I really can't eat well.  But, after 50 min, I consumed and entire Insalata Mista with grilled chicken from Bravos and it was delicious! 

I go back to the OS and the OD in about 4 weeks.  I'll update then with pics.  Hope you all are feeling well and enjoying this beautiful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment