Sunday, July 3, 2011

Inspirational fat pants

     So, I'm trying on clothes last night, trying to find out what will be wearable for the next few weeks.  This is the first step of organizing my master bedroom now that I have all this space to myself.  And even though I'm down 12 lbs, I still can't get out of these fat pants!  They are much looser mind you, but I'm not quite down to the next size yet.  That's the thing about being 5'10", you can carry a few more lbs before someone notices, but you have to loose a lot more to make a difference.  I started getting really bummed.  I'd hoped for more progress.  "Why am I starving myself for no results?", I thought to myself.  "This sucks, I'm never going to be thin again!", crossed my mind.  And just before I went into full blown pathetic pity party mode, it dawned on me that I was being completely ridiculous. 
     "Seriously? You're gonna let A PAIR OF PANTS get you down?  If you can't handle this trivial point with dignity, how do you plan on handling yourself when you get your face broken into itty bitty pieces?"  It was all in perspective then.  I'd better rally up and find my kahunas soon if I planned on coming out on the other side of this surgery with my sanity intact.  Some may argue that I never had my sanity in the first place, but that's neither here nor there.  The point is, my inner strength is soon to be challenged, and I'd better start working on it now.  In the words of a former co-worker of mine, " Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!"
     So, I put my fat pants back on, a bit less defeated, knowing that I am a work in progress and I WILL reach my goals in life.  It reminds me of a quote that I love.  In 2000, my coworkers gave me a very sweet send off, presents included, when I left for a new job.  One of the gifts was a fridge magnet with an inspirational poem.  This magnet has been on my fridge, move after move, ever since.  And for some reason, reading it gives me hope.  It says,

                                  Believe in yourself-
                                  in the power you have
                                  to control your own life day by day,
                                  Believe in the strength
                                  that you have deep inside,
                                  and your faith will help show you the way.
                                  Believe in tomorrow
                                  and what it will bring-
                                  let a hopeful heart carry you through,
                                  For things will work out
                                  if you trust and believe
                                  there's no limit
                                  to what you can do.

                              ~Emily Mathews~

To anyone struggling today, be it from jaw surgery or anything else, know that you will get through this.  You are worth the effort, and you are worth the wait.  Nothing worthwhile comes easy in life!

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister!!

    Your jaw surgery will provide you with insights you could have never dreamed of if you allow it to be. Your right to not worry about your pant size, You are beautiful regardless, it's all in the attitude and the way you wear your pants that matters. Hang in there. You will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tresa. You are too kind. I beat myself up a bit less these days over weight. Perhaps it's wisdom which comes with age or maybe I'm just too tired to give a crap! Either way, we must love ourselves and feel worthy of happiness regardless of outward appearance. But it never hurts to strive for a little less jiggle in the wiggle also :)

    ReplyDelete